Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Amore Frizzante Pink and White Blouse

Introducing the very latest Penelope Red design, the Amore Frizzante Pink and White Blouse! I just finished creating a size 10 and size 12 last Friday, and these are a few quick shots I took while I was making it, and once it was finished.




Decorating the front bust seam with the lace. On this design I have used a number of textures/fabrics. The waist area is made from a white and pink cotton check, which I bought from San Francisco (USA), and the bust and neck area is made from a vintage white polyester jacquard.



The lace I have used in this design is a vintage hand-crocheted lace- very beautiful and delicate! I have also added a lovely soft pink bias binding to the edges.


Below, the back before I have sewn it to the front. I like to make sure the back is always as interesting and flattering as the front! The shape at the back is moulded nicely to the curve of a woman's figure, while not being too huggy.



Placing the invisible zip in the side, above. Below, sewing the lining pieces together. This design is fully lined with a salmon coloured silk/cotton.



The armhole and neckline are bound together with the satin binding. Above you can see the lining attached, and the zipper open to expose in the inside of the blouse- as you can see a very neat finish!


Close up of the front and back.





Now for a few photos of it on someone... me!


I am really loving this blouse with this skirt, the Black and White Check Fluted Skirt. Since I already have the skirt, I may just need to keep a copy of this blouse too!



I have also added another style to the Penelope Red shop online, the blue and yellow Bellini Blouse- same shape, just different colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment