Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Lorelle's Pink and Black One Shoulder Corset Dress



During this week, I finished hand making a custom order for one of my dear customer's, Lorelle.

Lorelle and her sister Leanne, wanted one of my corset dresses each to wear to a family wedding in January 2011. Leanne instantly loved the Silver Floral Corset Dress, and coincidentally the size 10 fitted her perfectly.

Lorelle originally wanted a corset dress like the Black Citrus Corset Dress, but since Leanne was already wearing the same shape, I suggested that I design on especially for her!

Introducing the Pink and Black One Shouldered Corset Dress!




I thought you may like to see a few photos of me creating this beautiful dress!

Below, staring to sew the outer fabrics together.



The dress itself has 3 layers: outer fabric (either Pink cotton/elastane print, or black ribbed poly blend), fusing then bright pink lining.


Above, preparing the corset- sewing interfacing to one of the corset pieces. The corset has four layers: outer black ribbed fabric, interfacing, interlining (where the boning sits) and lining.



Above, the back of the dress. Note that all seams are matched!



Pressing the back, above.


Above, adding the invisible zip.


Sewing through a few layers of the corset to secure the boning in place.



Above, inside the back, where the invisible zip sits, and the bright pink lining contrasts the black!



Above, sewing the lining together.


And under-stitching the neckline so the black fabric stays rolled under.



You can also read about another lady's feedback, who wore the Silver Floral Corset Dress to her daughter's wedding, here
.



I am looking forward to seeing some photos from the wedding day ladies!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Again, Thank you so much for making and designing for me this gorgeous creation, it is amazing and I know I am going to feel so special in it for many years to come, whenever i buy your gorgeous designs I know i will love them forever because they are perfect and you create them with love. your customer and friend Lorelle

    ReplyDelete