Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ms. Red Flashback part 6: photos of my previous work


A few years ago, a friend asked me to create the bridesmaid dresses for her wedding. She wanted black, and the fabric that she chose suited the look and the girls perfectly. There was a little scalloped edge on the fabric, but it would've been wasted by leaving it on the hem, and since the the neckline was curved, I had to think of something else. So I cut the scalloped edge off from the hem, then appliqued it on around the neckline.



Each dress had around 30 glass buttons at the back, and a lace up corset on the inside to secure the dress in place. The strapless corset dress always suits so many different shapes, and is such a classic look.



It is hard to believe now that it was 3 years ago! I think the bride and groom must've only just celebrated their anniversary, so congratulations to Al and Al!


Below, Marie and I at the wedding reception. I am wearing a pink, mint, and cream vest I made- which I still wear now (and I received comments from 2 complete strangers two nights ago when I wore it to the opera).





These photos were taken in the beautiful GPO at Martin Place.

No comments:

Post a Comment