Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Custom Order: Navy Jacquard Jacket

Recently I created a double breasted navy and black jacquard jacket for a custom order. 


The above photo shows the jacket half done, with lots of pins!

The original idea was to have a double breasted jacket that can be done up as normal, and then you can choose to wear the front as an asymmetric collar.

The customer, Leanne, had previously bought a navy blue and black jacquard skirt in Penelope Red. The skirt has the same fabric as shown in the body of the jacket, and she wanted a jacket that would co-ordinate well with the skirt, as well as other pieces in her wardrobe. 


As with any custom order I hand make, we discussed the style and shape, the fit, length, fabric and embellishments. I take the certain criteria the customer wants into account and then let my creative brain do its magic! I am lucky to have some wonderful customers who are very loyal, know my style, and trust what I do!

I decided to add a contrast band around the hem, front lapel, and sleeve hem in a black floral jacquard. Then I highlighted the contrast with gold stitching- this was also featured on the skirt. 

Four amazing gold and diamanté vintage buttons were added to the front of the jacket- they were very special! Then I hand bound each button hole to make sure they lasted the test of time!

Leanne loved her handmade custom jacket, and I was very happy with it too! It was fun making it! I love making these one off handmade designs.



No comments:

Post a Comment