Friday, January 29, 2010

Art Deco Etsy




Invitation Art Deco SAMPLE by marit522


Part of the Penelope Red Winter Collection was inspired by old Hollywood glamour. When I think of this, I think of Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers, Jean Harlow, Rita Hayworth, and all the old movies I love to watch! I think of old glamour shots of the actresses, and I imagine the glamorous life they led...I wanted to step back in time, so I have featured a few etsy designs that encapsulate this bygone era to me.



The Penelope Red Black Bow Tie Top and Black and Ivory Checked Fluted Skirt



Art Deco peacock - wedding invitation sample set
by EnfinLaVoila



OOAK Vintage Art Deco Rhinestone Hair Comb by RomancingTheBling



Excess Ring by whitemetal




PEARL- print of gouache Art Deco style painting
by ArtistaStyle



Skyline Wine Glass
by mootinis

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for including Pearl! I'm with you, I love that era in time. From the hair to the beautiful fashion right down to the movies and music, unbelievable style. IT's great to see such glamour is still obtainable via your beautiful creations. Still loving your blue bolero. Just waiting on the waistline to carry it off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Pearl Painting is stunning! Only too happy to feature it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, some new favourites here - a visually inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, and there are some fellow Australian designers here too!

    ReplyDelete