Monday, August 10, 2009

The Ugly Truth: A Movie Review

My friend and I watched "The Ugly Truth" in the cinema last Friday night.


It basically follows the character, Abbey (Katherine Heigl), who is determined and driven at work, but who drastically needs a make-over in the love department. Enter: Mike (Gerard Butler), the womaniser, and Colin (Eric Winter), the "perfect" man.

I loved this movie- it was hilarious! The restaurant scene was fantastic! The whole audience was laughing in the cinema, and I had never heard so many people exclaim as they walked out, how good it was.

The Ugly Truth is not for the faint-hearted though.... while it still follows a fairly standard plot- it is a lot more gutsy than your average "chick flick". I did hear Katherine Heigl say in an interview, that it was a more "R-rated comedy romance"- maybe not quite, but I wouldn't take my mother to see it!

However, this movie is great in so many ways- it appeals to a wide audience- not just the girls, but I could see most men enjoying this film too. Mainly, it is one of the funniest movies I have seen recently... another is "The Hangover". For me it was a 4.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment