Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Life In Ruins: A Review

My friend and I went to see the new Nia Vardalos movie, "My Life In Ruins" last night.


I quite liked it.... The plot basically is about a woman, Georgia, who has gone to Greece looking for adventure, romance and spontaneity, and has ended up working as a tour guide instead of following her dreams, and she has lost her love for life.

I loved "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"- the movie which Nia Vardalos is famous for. It was over- the-top and predictable at times, but at the time it was a new idea to me.

This is another over-the-top movie, sometimes a little too, what I call "cringe-worthy". I guess mainly because they had the stereo-typical Aussie backpackers in the tour... well, what Americans think of us anyway... but I guess, these movies basically rely on stereo-typical cultural scenarios- so I can't complain really.

Anyway, besides that, it was funny, had a nice little "moral to the story", and was generally a very easy to watch movie. This is a chick flick that you could easily take your boyfriend or parents to, and they would like it.

The scenery was to die for, and it has inspired me to visit this beautiful country! I could imagine being in awe of the beautiful ancient ruins and monuments.... Very inspiring.

For now, memories of the movie and the internet will have to do! I would say for this movie 3.5 out of 5 for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment