Monday, January 4, 2010

The Penelope Red Black Peacock Kimono



Happy New Year everyone! I hope you had a lovely break and you are refreshed for the new year.

I have been busy creating some new designs... Introducing the Penelope Red Black Peacock Kimono!



I made this from a beautiful recycled fabric I have had for a while- just waiting for the right design to come to mind! The fabric was unfortunately cut into 3 pieces, so I was only able to make one Kimono from this fabric- but that means whoever buys this Kimono will be the proud owner of the only one of its kind!



As with all of my Kimono's, there is pleating at the front shoulder yoke, and down the back. This is a wrap around style, and is fastened with a plain black tie.



There are several peacock's amongst a garden depicted on top of a black background, in this print.



I envisage this style with a great pair of black pants, or a nice black skirt, but as with all of my kimono's, they are very versatile, and the possibilities are only limited to your imagination.



Dress the kimono up with a few brooches, some heels and a clutch bag.



This style is currently for sale in the Penelope Red etsy shop, and I will be taking it to The Rocks markets on the days I will be trading.



I have made a few more different variations of the Penelope Red Kimono, and they will be unveiled during the week!



Follow me on twitter or facebook for more updates of my latest designs and finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment