Friday, June 18, 2010

Penelope Red New Design: Mauve and Black Coat sneak peak



After 3.5 metres of wool, 2.5 metres of silk lining, 3.5 metres of cotton interlining, 2 metres of interfacing, 4.5 metres black satin corded piping and 3 days of marathon sewing, I have handmade a beautiful Mauve and Black Winter Coat!

As you can probably tell from the photos, I have not finished it yet. I still need to complete the bound button holes, and apply the buttons to the other front piece. I was just too excited to not show it to you so far!



I decided to accent the mauve with the black as I thought it would be the best impact, as well as being the most wearable. Some beautiful black heels and a black hat would really finish off the look of this coat.



This looks loose on the dummy, because the coat is a size 14 (or US size 10), and the dummy is more like a size 8-10. I decided to make this in a size 14 because it is the most popular size at the markets, and I already have the Jade Winter Coat in a size 10.



I plan to make another coat in a size 12 (US size 8), and if I have time, one more in a size 8 (US size 4).



The Penelope Red Jade Winter Coat and this new style, the Mauve and Black Winter Coat will be available at The Rocks Markets this Saturday and Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Penelope! Absolutely amazing.... love your inspiration wall too!! xx L

    ReplyDelete