Friday, September 4, 2009

The Penelope Red Scribble Winter Dress



I have recently added this new design, the Penelope Red Scribble Winter Dress, to my Etsy shop. I wanted to show you a few more photos, since Etsy only allows five, and it really doesn't allow for all of the detail.


We created the photos with the model, Olga, in Martin Place, Sydney. Olga is very beautiful, but very tall! On me, the hem of this dress sits just below the knee, and the sleeve sits just below my elbow.


The square neckline is a very flattering shape, and towards the back it is slightly shaped to hug around the base of your neck.


I always like to add a little contrast and definition with my silhouettes, and the black fabric creates a very hourglass shape around the waist, while the black shoulders means that your eyes travel up the body, and you focus on the shoulders, rather than the hips.


There is a split at the centre back.


The dress is fully lined, and all of the seams are encased in between the lining and outer fabric. (note: the silver bar going across the above photo is just the coat hanger)


This style is great style for the office, and then you can also wear it out after work. Both fabrics are a cotton/elastane, which means that the fabric is very comfortable to wear, and the stretch also prevents creasing.


I call it "scribble" as the print, to me, looks like someone went and scribbled paint onto the fabric. I guess you could say it is a messy modern stripe!


This style is easy to wear, sophisticated, elegant, and feminine. Something that you would be able to wear for years to come, not just for the one season. This is what I try to think about, whenever I am designing a new style. I want my customers to be able to wear and love my designs for many years, and still look chic!... I guess this is why I don't follow the trends; I make my own!


I have already listed a US size 6 (AU size 10), in the Penelope Red Etsy store. There will be more sizes to follow. If you would like to enquire about a size for you, please email me at: designer@penelopered.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment