Thursday, October 29, 2009

New Penelope Red Scarf Design: Chinese Flowers


I have posted a new scarf design in my Etsy shop. The Penelope Red Chinese Flowers scarf has been made from various beautiful fabrics, including silk, cotton, and linen blends.


I love mixing colours, textures and prints together, in unusual combinations- my friend's say it is my trademark. Making these scarves gives me the opportunity to play around with this even more.


I usually use one of the fabrics in the scarf to inspire the rest. So, for instance, in this scarf, I used the red Chinese-style printed cotton, to help determine the other fabrics and colours to use. The print has beige, cream and blue included in it.



A few other scarf designs can be seen here.

All Penelope Red scarves are one-of-a-kind. No scarf is exactly the same as the next.



Follow me on twitter or facebook for more updates of my latest designs and finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment