Monday, March 29, 2010

New Style! The Penelope Red Empire Grey Pleated Blouse



I have only just added this new design to my etsy shop... The Penelope Red Empire Grey Pleated Blouse.



As etsy only allows for five photos, this blog gives me the opportunity to show you more photos of this great top, and also the inside- as I always think that the inside should be neat and beautiful too!



This design is part of my new collection, "The Venus, Penelope and Jane Collection". Take a look at the inspiration here. One of the first designs I created for this collection, the Venus Floral Bolero, was featured in the blog here.



The fabric I have used for this top is quite unique. It is steel grey in colour, has a sheen, and a seer-sucker-like texture. It is made from a cotton/polyester blend. Great for spring and summer.



I am really quite fascinated with lace and trims at the moment! I have added a beautiful vintage lace to the under bust seam. This lace has actually been hand crocheted- can you imagine someone has literally created every loop and knot in this intricate lace! I bought it recently, and couldn't wait to use it, so here it is!



A cute little ivory rose button has been attached to the centre back, and at the top of the invisible side zip.







I wanted to complete the contrasting detail a little further, so I have made a top stitching detail in ivory thread, around the neck and hem.



All seams have been over-locked and pressed.



You can take a look at this style, and other styles in the range, on the Penelope Red Website here.



Follow me on twitter or facebook for more updates of my latest designs and finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment