Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wicked: The Musical



Last night, my husband and I watched "Wicked", the Broadway musical, in the Sydney Capital Theatre. It was my birthday present!



I had never seen it before, or heard the story, and the only song I knew from it was "Defying Gravity" (mainly because I had seen it performed in one of my favourite TV shows, "Glee"), so I had no idea what to expect. It was really good- my favourite part of the entire production would have to be the costumes- stunning! The photo above was taken from the wicked website.

My favourite moment in the musical was the "Defying Gravity" song performance- even my husband gave a huge clap after that song. I wasn't a huge fan of the story to begin with, but as it progressed, the plot picked up the pace, the jokes were better, and just generally had more action.

I started thinking about the last musical I went to see- it was "Guys and Dolls" at the Capital Theatre again- that was a fun production with Marina Prior, Lisa McCune and Gary MacDonald.

Before that, it was "Priscilla, Queen of The Desert"- now that definitely had amazing costumes! Even the movie had phenomenal costumes!



Anyway, "Wicked" was fun, easy to watch, and entertaining- everything you want in a musical.

The dress I wore on the night is, of course, another Penelope Red design: The Penelope Red Spring Tailored Dress. Take a look at this link to see more on my Penelope Red Tailored Dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment